Saturday, May 9, 2009

My bewilderment about C++ Builder's VCL?

I have learned C and C++ myself ,but not use them adeptly.Now I begin to learn C++ Builder,I was deeply attracted by the VCL's progamming style,it's wonderful!


I am puzzled by some...,so does VCL have some differences with VB?I means the programing work method,is VCL's componet the same as VB's component?


Or VCL is another packing way the same as MFC?


but I can't even see a single word like "virtual"


And I want to know do people in software company like use C++ Builder or Visual Studio,I mean which is more popular?


Thank you!

My bewilderment about C++ Builder's VCL?
I am a Builder fan.





You will generally find that Visual Studio is much more popular than Builder. That said, I have given a quick tutorial on builder to a number of Studio users and have had 100% of them fall in love with Builder within a couple of minutes. Borland just cannot compete with Microsoft's marketing or name despite the fact that their compilers have been significantly better for most of the last 25 years.





Builder is much closer to VB than Visual Studio is. Builder's components are very similar to VB's, but Borland did not go out of their way to copy VB's set.





If you want to get a good start, I highly recommend the Sam's "Teach Yourself Borland Builder" books. You get lots of examples, and even if you do not read the whole book, you will find that it makes a very good reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment