Sunday, July 12, 2009

How much spacing can you have between trusses if using 3/4" OSB? The builder is moving the truss for plumbing.

The builder is moving the truss because of plumbing through the floor and it is about 30" between the trusses now. All the other ones are 19.2" O.C. Is that something that you are even allowed to do?

How much spacing can you have between trusses if using 3/4" OSB? The builder is moving the truss for plumbing.
I wouldn't go over 24inches. The only time I ever go over that is for stairwell openings. But then everything is doubled up. I am wondering why the plumber wasn't able to work around the truss or even trough it, if it's a manufactured truss or I-Beam. If he feels there is no other way than going 30". I would tell him you would need to consult the architect and/or a structual engineer.
Reply:rule of thumb is 24 inches. with H clips. the 19.2 inches are for steel buildings and for other applications

anemone

No comments:

Post a Comment