Sunday, July 12, 2009

If I buy a home listed as having A.C., but the broker knew there was none, what legal ramifications do i have?

The broker knew there was no air conditioning, but listed it as having such.


Also, the home builder said I need to contact the HVAC sub contractor since the home was new and it was only the A.C. not working. The sub is now out of business and says they can do nothing.


I hired an inspector, to help with home inspection beforeaccepting the house.


A second inspector I hired (after finding out about this problem) is the one who eventually told me that he inspected the home just before I bought it, and it had the same problem.


Who can I hold legally responsible... The builders, the broker who sold it to me knowingly, the sub, or that darn incompetent inspector who I hired first?


Please Help!


Thanks

If I buy a home listed as having A.C., but the broker knew there was none, what legal ramifications do i have?
If its California... that realtor just bought you a new A/C!!
Reply:Try going to the city hall and filing a complaint. But first, do you have it in writing?


No comments:

Post a Comment